MOPIT

Manchester and Oxford Paranormal Investigation Team. Come and discuss everything paranormal.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Passing on the genes!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mystic witch

PostSubject: Passing on the genes!   Fri May 30, 2008 8:54 pm

My daughter is nearly 8 and over the last few months she has been really into writing stories - with illustrations! Her main character is almost always a girl called Alice, who she talks about all the time, and she happily refers to Alice partly as just a character and also as her imaginery friend. (She has also used the named for dolls in the past). I decided recently to ask her about Alice, as I was curious to know more-for reasons that will become clear later!

She describes Alice as a bit older than her, but not too much, has the same coloured eyes and hair, except hers is slightly longer and a bit wavy (Isobels hair is very straight!). Alice is nice and sometimes keeps her company at bed time. She talks to Alice a lot and she makes her laugh when she is sad. She is a very important character in Isobels life and has probably been around for longer than she has let on...

I am not at all bothered with the fact that my daughter has an imaginery friend, in fact I am very comforted...

Isobel was born in August 2000... Sadly in September 1998 I had an early misscarraige, which was devastating after such a long time trying to conceive.

Whilst I was pregnant I had a very clear dream. I opened the door to a bedroom decorated as a beautiful babies nursery. The pretty carved name plaque on the door gave the name of the occupant - Alice...
I woke up and told my husband (the only person I have told) I was convinced that baby was a girl and she would have to be called Alice!

Coincidence? I dont believe in coincidences and I would like to think that Isobels 'imaginery' friend is her big sister looking out for her. When she is older and more able to understand I will tell her about the sister in spirit and about my dream but for now I happily encourage her to talk about Alice, as it brings so much comfort to us both.

X
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fallinangel

PostSubject: Re: Passing on the genes!   Sat May 31, 2008 1:33 pm

Wow Jo thank you so much for sharing that with us....keep us updated with any more developments!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mystic witch

PostSubject: Re: Passing on the genes!   Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:16 am

Just to say all has gone quite with Alice and Isobel, although I still feel her presence around me and I have recently had a past life regressionn where she popped up as a member of my family so she has not completely disappeared!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passing on the genes!   

Back to top Go down

Passing on the genes!
Page 1 of 1